Plaque reads: Tyne and Wear development corporation. Former Sailors Bethel. Replacing an earlier building on Manor Chare, this non conformist sailors chapel, built at a cost of £2,000 to the designs of Thos. Oliver Junior, was opened on 12 April 1877.
Sunday School to rear added 1900. Became Danish Church after 2nd World War, finally closing 1949. Restored to use as offices 1991. City of Newcastle upon Tyne.