- Fits in with its surroundings and environment
- It had become unused
- Wanted to keep original building
- Ships unable to go down the Tyne
- Advantages of change
- City reputation
- Attract tourists to an area
- Make money
What were conditions like?
- Nothing to do
- Derelict land
- Industrial wasteland
What was happening in the 90s
- Empty buildings
- Buildings to let
What facilities are available?
- Dining and beverages; Hotels and Bars
- Culture and Art; Art, Baltic, Sculptures around the Quayside, Sage, Music
- Employment; Shops, Hotels, Other
What are the conditions like now?
- Nice day out