Why is the Quayside key to the success of the Newcastle Gateshead ‘brand’?
- The Baltic, as a flour mill, opened 1930′s, for the production of flour and animal feed.
- Sage, one of the only music halls not to use amplifiers for the instruments.
- Ships, lots of heritage, but none on the river anymore.
- Industries, coal and arms were exported.
- Lots of pictures have been drawn and taken at the Quayside. The Baltic is a popular art gallery.
- There are lots of bars and restaurants which are popular, particularly for stag and hen do’s.
- Overall, the Quayside is key to the success of the Newcastle Gateshead ‘brand’ because it is full of diverse cultures and makes Newcastle Gateshead a huge tourist attraction because of this.