The Custom House was built in 1766 and refurbished 1833. It orginally collected tax, but it is now used as a Barrister Chamber dealing with law. It has a plaque on the wall commemorating the refurbishment of the Custom House.
Plaque reads: City of Newcastle upon Tyne. The Custom House. Built in 1766 to replace Custom House at west end of Quayside. Altered and refronted in 1833; Sydney Smirke, Architect. Tyne and Wear County Council.
Group names: Lauren, Bexy, Maya, Jessica and Tweenies