Photo of High Level Bridge taken from a side angle. It was built between 1847 and 1849, and was designed by Robert Stevenson for the York, Newcastle and Berwick Railway. In 2005 it was shut to allow for a restoration, … Continue reading
A photograph of the Old Fish Market building. It has a statue of Neptune on top which was designed by George Burn. It was built between 1878 and 1880, and was designed by the city engineer A. M. Fowler. It … Continue reading
Plaque for tourists informing that the building was built in the 16th Century and restored in the 1980s. This building is now a bar called ‘Lloyds’. Date: 1986 Group name: Lauren, Bexy, Maya, Jessica Plaque reads: Tyne and Wear County … Continue reading
Image of plaque on Copthorne Hotel Wall showing the River-god Tyne. Date:1891-1991 Group name: Lauren, Bexy, Maya, Jessica Plaque reads: The River-god Tyne. The Institution of Civil Engineers Northern Counties Association. 1891-1991. Robert Legender – facit.
The Custom House was built in 1766 and refurbished 1833. It orginally collected tax, but it is now used as a Barrister Chamber dealing with law. It has a plaque on the wall commemorating the refurbishment of the Custom House. … Continue reading
The Quayside has changed significantly since the 1980s because of the demolishing of new houses and buildings in order to make new ones. This photo of land after houses have been knocked down is an example of this process. Group … Continue reading
This is a photograph of ‘The Cooperage’, one of Newcastle’s oldest buildings. It is an old building with wooden pillars, white exterior and a brown, slightly modern looking enterance. It dates back to the 14th century and was used as … Continue reading